Saturday 18 October 2008

At least 4 journeys in 2 hours

This afternoon, caught sight of War Games on tv. Decided to stop what I was doing and watch it again.

Timely

The Ferris Bueller actor is the star but it's a few years earlier. Similar "butter wouldnt melt" strategy he uses, reminds me of an old friend's brother. Make txt connection, not caught up with her properly for ages. We both suffered (not really) from brothers who apparently could raise their eyes to their Mother and all was forgiven. HA! Good strategy. Another watches.

It is a fun and superb film, loved it the first time, now enjoy it, retrospectively and in the moment simultaneously. Emotional time travel. Remembering how I felt the first time I saw it (before I had been anywhere near a computer) and now when I work in the software industry, when in relative age -though sadly not in intellect - at either point of the journey I could associate with either Falken and the naughty good boy.

Fascinating experience. The last line is still, for me, one of the best film lines of all time.

Strange Game
The only winning move is not to play.

How about a nice game of chess?

No comments: