Sunday 19 October 2008

A good use of power

Russia is rolling out an alternative to GPS, the Global Navigation Satellite System, military in origin and now productised for the civilian market.

Lots of the news channels have it today Auntie, CNN, Russia Today all with videos as Putin's labrador Koni is given one to wear. In September Putin's labrador's Nephew, Sheldon had one too, this only on Russia Today.

And I can understand why. I had a labrador with stealth capabilities. He periodically reminded me I was still capable of the odd sprint. After a comment about lying down in puddles, Putin replied that his dog wasn't a piglet and didn't behave in such ways.

Mine was a thinking playful being, who would catch my Father's eye, stare at him and then pick up his ball and look at the pond. Just as my Father started to shout NOOOOOOOOO, the Stealth Labrador would casually trot just fast enough to evade him and drop the ball in.

Then generously, in a great act of canine kindness he would jump in, retrieve it, as he was born to do . A knowing look would pass between them (more than a note of triumph in the dog's face) as the ball was returned to my Father

When I am lucky enough to have been claimed by my next retriever, I shall be seeking a similar tracking device.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy this blog .This is a good blog.But could be much better.

Why not write more and do it properly ?

More poetry, mored dog less feline.The latter has never won the Dicken.

Half term report would read
"Miss Chatelaine is easily distracted"

Anonymous said...

That is an unfair flame.

I think she means, do it "regularly" as opposed to "properly"


I prefer The Garden of the Gods